The Carolinas GCSA provides members the opportunity to excel professionally and enhance the game of golf through responsible turfgrass management.
The Carolinas Golf Course Superintendents Association was formed in 1954 to further the profession of the golf course superintendent in North and South Carolina. With around 1,800 members, the association is the largest affiliated chapter of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America.
Major activities include:
* Our annual conference and trade show in Myrtle Beach, SC, offering more than 100 hours of formal education, more than 100,000 gross sq. ft. of trade show exhibits, golf, and attendee giveaways valued at $15,000. The conference and trade show is the largest regional event in the country catering to golf course superintendents.
* Publication of Carolinas Green, an award-winning bi-monthly magazine featuring research, association news, industry updates, member profiles, and other articles at the leading edge of golf course maintenance.
* An annual program of regional seminars making the latest education affordable and accessible to members across the Carolinas.
* Regular membership meetings offering education, golf, and the opportunity to network with colleagues from all parts of the region.
* Publication of a membership directory with contact information for every member, updated annually.