The Carolinas GCSA provides its members the opportunity to excel professionally and enhance the game of golf through responsible turfgrass management.
The Carolinas Golf Course Superintendents Association was formed in 1954 to further the profession of the golf course superintendent in North and South Carolina. With around 1,800 members, the association is the largest affiliated chapter of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America.
Major activities include:
* Our annual conference and trade show in Myrtle Beach, SC, is the largest regional event for golf course superintendent in the nation. Features include more than 100 hours of formal education and more than 100,000 gross sq. ft. of trade show exhibits. The three-day event also features the associaton golf championship, a Carolinas Night celebration and member giveaways valued at close to $15,000.
* Publication of Carolinas Green, an award-winning bi-monthly magazine featuring research, association news, industry updates, member profiles and other articles at the leading edge of golf course maintenance.
* Hosting Rounds4Research.com, an innovative annual online auction selling donated tee-times to raise money for golf turfgrass research.
* An annual program of regional seminars making the latest education affordable and accessible to all members across the Carolinas.
* Regular membership meetings offering education, golf and the opportunity to network with colleagues from all parts of the region.
* Publication of an annual membership directory with contact information for every member.